[Troubleshoot] New PC won't POST, Solid Red CPU light on Mobo!

Imgur

Hello members,

Very new to builds. I did a new build with my friend. We get everything together and turn it on… no post.

Just a solid red cpu light.

I am using a ryzen 5 2600 MSI x470 gaming plus board. Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory - BLS8G4D26BFSE I have two of these.

When I power up with one or both sticks of RAM I get the CPU light. No beeps, just a solid light. When I power up with no RAM than the ram light comes on and not the CPU light. And it beeps.

Please help me. We want to play some games and can’t even get a display.

If you have plugged in the 8 pin CPU power connector, the 4 pin CPU power connector and the 24 pin motherboard power connector, then the next place to look would be the CPU itself.

Are you using a stock fan, or an aftermarket cooler? Did you plug the CPU fan power cable into the CPU fan header on the motherboard?

If you’ve confirmed that you’ve done this, you’ll have to remove the CPU and check the pins underneath to make sure none are bent or damaged. It’s also important that there isn’t anything like dirt or thermal grease in the pin socket of the motherboard or on the pins of the CPU, this could prevent good contact between the pins and the motherboard.

If the CPU looks fine, the last thing I’m afraid is that you will probably have to RMA(return to manufacturer) the CPU. It’s likely dead on arrival.