[Troubleshoot] Electric Shock from PC Cabinet!

Hello members,

My computer is shocking me whenever i touch it. I built it about a month ago and it started shocking me pretty much from the get go. A friend of mine told me it was probably just static electricity and not to worry about it so i didn’t. However today its shocked me 3 times already so i’m thinking there is something seriously wrong with my computer. Any help would be much appreciated.

If your getting a shock from your computer, you need to first of all have that outlet converted to a 3 prong with a grounding line, and you also need to go have your computer checked, because it’s not supposed to put a current into the case, something is not assembled correctly. Most likely the power supply unit, or the connection of the motherboard to the case.