[Buying Suggestion] Are Nvidia Founders Edition Card Better than Third Party Manufacturers Which should i buy?

Imgur

Hello members,

My friend looking to build his first PC with a GTX 1080 Ti. By looking around online, he found that most 3rd party developers (ASUS, MSi, EVGA etc.) make their own version of this card.Would you guys recommend getting the 3rd party cards over Nvidia cards?

The PC will be being used for gaming, as well as everyday use. He plan on having an i7-8700K CPU and MSI Z370-A Pro mobo.

1 Like

Founders Edition graphics cards are generally expensive than the third party graphics cards. They also have the less overclocking capability because their heatsink and fan is not designed for that. The main advantage of Founders Edition cooling is that its heasink and fan (blower fan) is designed to push the hot air out from the backside of the card rather than keeping it in the case.

Pros

Excellent Stability
Original design
Compatible with Aftermarket Coolers

Cons

Expensive
Less room for Overclocking

3rd party graphics cards are generally cheaper than the Founders Edition cards having the same GPU and provides better performance. Only the cards that comes with liquid cooling are a bit expensive than the Founders Edition cards.

Pros

Better Cooling
Better Performance
Relatively Cheaper
Various choices available
Good Overclocking Potential

Cons

Some are bigger in size

1 Like